Hey,
Well, sorry things at home are still kinda tough for all of you. I really hope things work out quickly, and for the better. I've been praying for all of you.
Wow, a family reunion and I won't be there...that's going to be a little wierd, but okay. Good luck in that pit of my room!
The mission tour was fantastic! Elder Kearon was the one who came, and he is a very likable guy. I learned a lot and am enjoying trying some of the stuff out. It was really fun seeing all my old mission pals again. I have photos I'm going to be sending, so you'll see what I mean.
The new suit is nice. Again, pictures, and yes I did meet Elder Kelley. We took a picture together. He was shocked that my mom knows his mom, but that's to be expected. He's a good missionary.
Anziano Calchera is probably going to leave. He's been here for 5 transfers, and that's a long time in a city, considering this is only his second. So, he's probably leaving and I'll stay, at least for one more. and as for this week:
What a week of miracles!
Firstly, we have a baptism coming up at the end of this week. Issac has made a good amount of progress, and he has passed his interview, which means that, yup this Saturday will be the day. We have taught him the big commandments and he has accepted them. He's done a lot of good work, and I'm super happy to see him come to this point.
Next, we have a good amount of good investigators. Samuel, the African we met has been showing his desire to follow Christ. He really likes to hear the messages, and he feels the spirit. While we weren't able to meet with him this week, we were able to set up some appointments with him. He says he has some questions for us, and I'm sure that things will continue to go well with him
Next is Giacomo. Giacomo came into the church last Sunday during the last part of ward conference, and he enjoyed the meeting. We met with him afterwards and set up an appointment for him on Tuesday. We met with him and had downloaded the Book of Mormon before coming. He's been reading it and is willing to learn more about our church. He really seems that he has been prepared by the Lord to find the truth.
Giovanni we weren't able to meet with this week, but we are seeing him this week. We're going to be talking about the Restoration with him, and inviting him to be baptized when he knows the church is true. We hope all goes well with that.
With Elvis and Vittoria, we're going to be helping them make friends with one of our members, Valentina, one of the new converts. We're hoping that things are going to work out there. Elvis came to church on Sunday which was nice. We have an appointment set up with them on Wednesday, so we'll see how things go.
Rosa we've stayed in contact with. She's been having some family troubles and hasn't been able to meet with us. However she has read other chapters in the Book of Mormon other than the ones we assigned, which is awesome! I think next time we talk to her, we're going to try what Elder Kearon said about praying with them.
Okay, so there's our work lately. It's really picked up lately and we're seeing many blessings from the Lord as we have some great investigators, and all are making some form of progress. Truly Ragusa is blooming!
Well, I don't know what else to say...I'll talk to you guys next week...and then on Mother's day!
I'M OLD IN THE MISSION!
NaNa
No comments:
Post a Comment