Saturday, July 26, 2014

Weekly Email July 21st 2014 Week of Miracles

Deh boya! I don't know where to begin.

Sorry things are so boring at home. Doesn't sound like much is going on. I find it funny that the dogs got into a spat about carrots. I hope our Coda beat our Mocha. That would be funny!

Glad that Dad is almost done with classes and that things are going well with him/you.

Answers to Questions (I think I should just make a FAQ): Yes, last zone conference I asked. We'll see if anything happens. UP to the Lord, I'll accept whatever comes my way.

Bethke and I are getting along fine. I don't know, I've had it really easy to get along with companions in my mission, so I'm not overtly worried about things.

I really like the Melone family, and the Diodato family. They're really great members, always willing to help out when they can.

Dad: When we come back to Italy next summer, Foggia is a for sure. Ragusa is as well. If we have time, I'd like to go back to Sassari, but it's not high on my list. Besides that, any place you guys want to go, I'm down.

As for my week:

Well, it was a week of beautiful miracles, and then well something not so wonderful.

Let's start off with the bad news right away. Saturday morning I was jumping rope, like I normally do for excersize in the morning, and then as I came down on one jump, I botched the landing and sprained my foot.  So, yeah, that's what happened. I'm taking care of it, don't worry.

On the bright side, however two of our investigators are making a good amount of progress.

Frederica is making amazing progress. This week we had a bit of How to Begin Teaching with her on Tuesday, where we found out what her expectations were for meeting with us, and we talked a lot about prayer and how the spirit communicates. It went really well, and she promised that she would pray on her own.

Then on Thursday, we met with her again and taught the Restoration, which went beautifully! The members we had with us bore really strong testimonies, and things just seemed to flow. I love how that works and the Spirit just flows. We all need to bear our testimonies more.  She accepted the commitment to pray to know if the story of the Restoration is true. Then later, as we were going to get pizza, we ran into her again, and talked a little bit more about the Spirit, specifically how one feels when the spirit talks.

Then on Friday, while we're doing weeekly planning she sends us a text and says she was on her way to Rome, and then she got hit by the Spirit in a powerful manifestation! This week, we're going to be teaching the Plan of Salvation and extending the baptismal invite, because we both feel she is well prepared.

Iole has made progress as well. When we met with her, she had kept her commitments, and she came to church this week and enjoyed the meeting. Afterwards we were talking and she wants us over ASAP to continue to help her understand more about the church. We feel that we could potentially have to dates for later this month, if not in August.

Well, that's how our work was this week, and I'm rather pleased that the Lord has blessed us so much, actually, it humbles you when you think how much He loves all of us.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how this week goes, because I feel it will only get better.

Okay, there' all my info for this week, next week! Love you guys!

NaNa

No comments:

Post a Comment