This is a blog to cover Elder Nathan Daniel Eads mission to the Rome, Italy Mission for family and friends. He is serving from March 2013 to March 2015.
Monday, January 19, 2015
Weekly Email January 19th, 2015 (Only 6 More to Go!)
Short emails this week. I'm sorry you have a headache mom, But thanks for the info! (Our ward was completely reorganized into a new ward two weeks ago and our Stake was organized into a new stake this weekend).
I'm super happy about the fact that Seattle is going to the Super Bowl, and it's kinda funny honestly. The Patriots are going as well, and Anziano Calchera is a fan of them, so it's gonna be a rivalry.
Or at least it would be, if he wasn't transferred. Oh yeah, calls came in. As we all probably expected, I'm staying and dying in Rome 6, and I'm getting a new companion. His name is Anziano Craig Jones, (I only know that because there's a lot of Joneses in the mission), and he's coming up from Brindisi. I hear he's a pretty cool guy, great missionary so I think I'll be okay (Anziano Craig Jones has a blog on his mission also and that is located at this link or at https://eldercraigjones.wordpress.com/) It will be fun to read Nathan's email and Anziano Jones email each week for the next six week. Craig's blog, with Anziano Kelly and Turner are/were blogs that we read each week).
Congrats to Dad! I'm glad he will have the chance to use his talent of teaching with everyone, to teach and learn with them, and help them and himself all become better (Nathan's Dad was called to be one of the two Gospel Doctrine Teachers in the Ward). Don't worry about Stake Conference, just get me the information when you can and we'll be okay.
Sounds like things are coming together for Kendra's wedding. Sorry Mom, I didn't get a chance to measure my waist this week, been really busy, running around and the like, but I can get that to you this next week. It's been an interesting week.
Well, Dad, honestly I won't have that hard of a time adjusting back (Nathan's Dad asked if Nathan thought he would have a hard time adjusting to speaking English full time after he comes home). The time we spend with an Italian companion who actually speaks the language is so limited that we hardly ever get the chance to really immerse ourselves in it and forget our English. We're with other English speakers a lot.
Okay so this week we ran around a lot. Anziano Zito has been finishing his mission strong, and we've been running around a lot trying to get all done that we possibly can. We met with Nabil a lot this week, and have been teaching him a good amount. He didn't pass the baptismal interview unfortunately, but we're getting him ready for another shot later this week. We're hoping to have his baptism on the 31st, but we'll see. He's not feeling so ready right now.
We actually have a new investigator this week. Marco has been someone that we've been trying to work with for a while, and we've finally been able to get an appointment with him. We talked about how to build our foundation on Christ, and if we do this, things will work out. He seemed interested, and we've setting up an appointment for this week, to teach him about the Plan of Salvation, as he had some questions about that.
We've also been visiting members, and strengthening them, not that they actually need it here. Rome 6 is a pretty strong ward, so I'm happy about that.
Anziano Zito was a great comp, he really showed me what to do to finish the mission strong, and has been a great friend. He doesn't even realize that he's going home yet, but he'll be okay. So, yeah. Next week family!!!
Love you guys!!!!!
NaNa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment