This one is going to Kendra too, because I've got a story and a picture that describes what has happened. So, this is a family email, and I hope you all get a laugh out of it (yes, it can go on the blog).
Well, this goes along with Dad's comment about my hair (Jay mentioned in his Zone Conference pictures that it was getting long for a missionary). Yes it was rather long, so I decided to cut it. But, since I wanted to be frugal, and save 8 or 12 euro (getting a haircut is expensive here!), I decided to cut it myself. Well, it was going well, and then I accidentally buzzed a part of my hair. I missed the comb I was using, and it went to the crapper.
So, I had no choice. I have now buzzed my hair for the first time since I was 12. I have a picture to prove it. The bright side is that my hair grows fast, so in three to four weeks, I'll be back to a normal missionary cut.
Well, that's my funny story this week. Hope you all get a laugh.
Jay's noticed that Anziano Eads is the third missionary with a blog in the Rome, Italy Mission to try to be frugal and cut his own hair. The result is the same. A buzz cut.
Now to Anziano Eads' email. Per his request I have omitted the names of his investigators.
Okay, so here's the real weekly email. Like Always, I'll address the home front first.
GO SEATTLE!!!!!!!!!! Sorry about the Niners Dad, but the curse, THE CURSE!!!!!!!!! Maybe they'll make it back next year, who knows?
Would've been nice to have known that Grandpa Eads' birthday was yesterday. Oh well, that was okay. I had a pretty good day yesterday.
80 missionaries unaccounted for (in the Philippines from the Typhoon)? Frick I hope that everything is okay with them, hopefully nothing too bad happens. Time to add them to my prayer list as well. Here's hoping.
I'm glad you enjoyed that email. No promises that I'll always be that detailed, but I'll try my best. I think things might go a little better if I do, and you may enjoy my emails a little more.
Okay, individual responses:
Dad: Sorry that you're going to be very busy the next few weeks, but don't worry, I'm sure you'll do fine. I mean, you are you after all...wait...no yeah, you'll do fine.
HA! Don't worry you're not too old yet, but I'm sorry your memory's going. It could be worse though, always remember that. It could always be worse. I could be back home taunting you in person!
Thank you for editing the blog. I'm happy about that.
No. DON'T TOUCH MY GAMES!!!!!!!!!! (I offered to sell them at Gamestop for Nathan). I'll still play them, but not as much. I'll cut down on gaming time to an hour or two a week. Hopefully.
Mom: I'm still playing the piano, BTW, and I want you to know, I've gotten better than when I left.
Hope you have fun at Festival of Trees, and I'm glad that you are enjoying work. It always makes things so much more enjoyable. I know that for a fact, believe me.
DON'T BREAK DOWN ON THANKSGIVING!!!!!! (in other words don't let Dad listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving!).
Okay, I'm sure things will go over well for that. I'll miss your food.
Combined: Keep reading those scriptures!
Okay as for me:
This week, compared to last was a little harder. With Zone Conference, and some other things as well, it just seemed to be a little hard to meet with people. So honestly, teaching wise, things weren't the best.
We had a really good lesson with our investigator and her family the other night, and let's just say that it was a night for miracles. We learned that he son has some problems with his throat, and that he can't hear too well, and that it just collided with her other problems, and she was feeling down.
We shared Mosiah 24 with the family, and they all loved it. Talking about how it applied to their situation, and then asking them to have the faith to move forward with faith in Christ and to continue to strengthen that faith was our challenge that night, and they accepted it. We then, by the inspiration of the Spirit, offered the son, a blessing. The Spirit was intense in that room, and frankly, it was so amazing.
The story ends like this: When we went back Friday, we asked how everything was going. While we couldn't stay for long, as the mother wasn't home, the daughter told us that ever since we gave the blessing, it was like the son was a new person, or a new son!
Through their faith, and their willingness to come closer to Christ, they saw a miracle, and it reinforced my own testimony, and I know that due to my listening and following the Spirit, that it was able to happen.(Please remove the names of these people before posting on the blog!).
Besides, that nothing new. I'm meeting with one of our other families who are investigating tonight, so I'll see how things are going with them. Besides that, I really don't have anything else to say. Things are going to be much better next week.
Well, that's it for me this week. Talk to you all again soon.
NaNa
I LOVE the hair cut! Nice to see you've finally figured out the best cut! :) Thanks for sharing your experiences. You're in our thoughts and prayers often. Make it a Wonderful Day!!
ReplyDelete