Tuesday, April 22, 2014

April 22nd, 2014 Weekly Email Ragusa

Anziano Eads' email was one day late as Monday was a major holiday in Italy and not a P-Day for the missionaries. They spent the day deep cleaning and then doing work. Thus the email came on Tuesday. Rough week it seems.

Firstly, to Dad: HAPPY BIRTHDAY Older Man!!!!!

Sorry, I have to keep making that joke. Anyways, congratulations! You're now 49. Imagine that next year, I'll be home to celebrate the 50th! The big 50! You're in the silver age buddy!

Anyways, that was one crazy experience that you had (Anziano Eads' dad witness a SUV roll three to four times, and watched the driver be ejected with two toddlers in the back seat without car seats). I hope that the family is okay. I'm glad that there were two priesthood holders there to help out. At least there was that miracle for that family.

Mom: Sounds like you guys had a busy weekend. I hope that everything is looking good now, and that things are calming down. I'm glad that there are new families coming to church, and that the neighbors are seeming to be okay.

I'm glad that you got my room a little tidier, and that the garage is clean...er. I don't know what you mean when you say that I'll take over the payments for the car...does that mean I'm going to be getting the hybrid after I come home?


Well, what to say about this week. Things were different, interesting, but good, they are always good.

Monday we finally got to see Issac S. one of our new converts, who we hadn't seen in a long time. He's been super busy with his job, but the problem is that it makes him work every day for very little pay. He's been struggling to come to church because of that, and we finally got to meet with him. We shared the story of Nephi, and Alma, and their willingness to go and do the things the Lord commanded them to do. He resolved at the end of the month to quit the job, and come back to church.

We unfortunately didn't get to see Giacomo at all this week, because he has been super busy with his work, and trying to get enough money to pay for his house;  it looks like things might not be able to work for him. We're hoping to meet him this week, and hopefully share our message to help him out. Speriamo Bene.

We met with Rosa this week, and we figured out that she has a bit more of a way to go. We were teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and when Anziano Stamps mentioned the Holy Ghost, and how we need to keep the commandments that God has given us to keep the Spirit with us; Rosa had a bit of a freak out. She said that she didn't believe that the Word of Wisdom, or the Law of Chastity come from God, and they are the commandments of men. So, we're going to need to teach her a little bit more about the role of prophets, and the commandments, and why God gives us these things.

We also met with our group of Africans in the Marina. We taught them the Plan of Salvation, and they accepted a baptismal date for the 17th of May! They also made progress in coming to church this week! We were rather happy about that, and really happy that they said that they were going to come back.

Easter was definitely different. It was like any other Italian holiday, in that the streets were dead, there was nobody, and we still were out doing missionary work. I don't really know what else to say. I went to the giant mass on Sunday at the duomo, just to see what it was like. Just like the other mass I went to...but with more chanting.

Just pray for my investigators, that we'll be able to meet with them, that they will progress and receive answers to their questions, and that's really all we can do. Thanks for everything.

I'll let you know about Mother's Day next P-Day, when we talk about it a little bit more.

NaNa

So things are going good here in Ragusa. The Lord is definitely blessing our efforts down here, and we are seeing miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment