Thursday, October 2, 2014

Week of September 29th 2014

Hey guys, here we go:

No problem Mom, my pleasure. I wouldn't mind going back to Rocca Calascio, but I don't know about any other places yet. I'll let you know on Christmas.

Tell Hayden I say congrats, and I'll send a letter to Dax in a bit. Tell him I really appreciated all he did for me and his time serving us really made a difference! Tell him to leave the calling smiling . . . look at all of us who are serving missions and have been blessed by his service. It just keeps going out, as we serve others, then they serve, then those people serve. Isn't this just awesome how the Gospel works!

I'm really glad things are going good for you guys back home, too bad I can't help Kendra and Marucs out. But I'll write them this week.

As for the basement: I want to move into Kendra's old room, because it's bigger, but I also want to paint it that turtle green again from our other house. Could I do that when I get home?

Sorry, I don't actually know Elder Burton (his mother works at William Penn where my Dad works). He went to Sardegna when I left and went to Foggia. So overall though, that's just how things are going.

So, let's see what's happened this week. Well, we had a family home evening with Lavigna like I said, and we talked about the plan of salvation, and we think it hit home pretty well. Anziano Tew did a great job talking about the life on earth and the three kingdoms. His Italian is coming along great! And his progress as a missionary is doing fantastic. He will be an amazing missionary, growing and touching many lives.

Besides that, we had a scambio with the Zone Leaders, and that was enjoyable. We talked about making goals for companionship unity, and then we went and did some finding. We actually got a decent amount of contacts who we have been trying to contact or have made contact with.

We also met with Iole, and she taught us the Restoration. That was rather enjoyable, seeing that her testimony has grown a great amount. She is doing okay. She's run into some problems with one of the members, but besides that, she's doing okay. We're going to be meeting with her this Wednesday, and sharing the Gospel with her to try and strengthen her. I think we all need to do that, visit each other and strengthen each other by sharing the Gospel with each other. Oh yeah, it's called home and visiting teaching. It lets us touch and build others as the Savior did.

Besides, that, lots of finding, and contacting. We've made some appointments for some members this week, and we're going to be asking for some referrals, that way we can continue to grow our work.  The Lord's definitely been blessing us, and we're going to be seeing more miracles here soon. It's not just faith, it is knowing that the Savior loves his children and if we are among them, miracles occur so He can bless his children through us.  Thus we become just a little more like Him I think.

Thanks for the prays! That's really going to help us out!

I'm doing fine, honestly, things are going good. Still have plenty of energy, so I'm good!

Our Father lives, He is mindful of us, and knows me, that I live and he knows each of us. He loves us, unconditionally, though not all of our choices. Love is the more powerful thing in the Gospel of Jesus Christ and will in time, wear down any wall, resistance or barrier to touching another's life. The Savior showed that in both His life and in His atonement. Know that He indeed took upon Himself my sins, your sins, and through Him, we can not only have faith, but a true hope that we can not only be forgiven by our Father and our Savior, but we can forgive ourselves.  When we truly are forgiven, we forget our sins, we move forward in a new hope and faith, being filled with love towards others. That is called conversion, when we stop judging others, love them where they are at, and let the Holy Ghost work on them while we pray for them. Prayer is so powerful. It brings patience, love, kindness, the surrendering of our ego to His will where we don't seek to puff ourselves up at the expense of others. It is charity, the pure love of Christ, and it is our duty to obtain that gift, to use that gift and thus to become as the Savior is. I testify of His love for us. I testify that He is with me each day, each hour and through the Holy Ghost I feel His charity toward me and more importantly as I serve others. toward them. There is NO greater honor then to be an ambassador of Jesus Christ, to be one of His missionaries at this point in my life. If your heart isn't swelling in love toward someone this week, your not serving and becoming as Christ is. Do it! In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Sorry for the rant, but I haven't shared my testimony with you all in awhile.

Next week then,

NaNa

No comments:

Post a Comment