Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Special Email to Mom October 27th, 2014; A Mama's Boy

Several people ask if we share everything on the blog. Well, about 90% of stuff yes. This is a sample of the 10% of stuff we don't as they are very personal and spiritual. It is shared here to show the growth and blessings that a child serving our Heavenly Father has and the importance of family in all of our lives. Sometimes Mother's Day doesn't come in May. Sometimes it comes in October . . .



Hey Mommy,

So, I'd thought I'd write you a little personal email this week, just because I've written one to Dad way back when, I don't remember, and I thought I'd write you something too. I'm probably going to get a little spiritual, and all, so, please know that I'm probably crying as I write this, so it's okay to cry too.

Firstly, I hope you know how much I love you. I'll probably mention this all the time in this email, but it's true. I love you so much! Honestly, for the first part of my life, and for an ongoing part of it, you were and still are my example in a lot of things.

It was weird, but without Dad in my life when he was traveling all the time for business, you were kinda my role model. You worked so hard to keep Kendra and I happy and content with the things we had in life, and you do so many good things for the both of us. One of my favorite memories is of us reading Harry Potter together, and of course when I was getting ready to be baptized, "One of the Lord's commandments is...Nathan, go to the bathroom!!!!!!!" Oh man I still laugh about that one.

Seriously, I love you, and I never knew how hard you worked, or how much you sacrificed for the sake of our family until I came out on my mission. You can say I'm a mama's boy, but honestly, I kinda am. I'm not afraid to admit that when my time comes to come home, the person I'm probably most happy to see is going to be you.

Secondly, you are amazing spiritually. I wish I had payed more attention to it back home, but thinking about it, you really are Dad's spiritual equal. No wonder he married you!  You're just so humble about it, that's the thing, and honestly, that's a great example.

Speaking of which, you are one of the most humble people I've ever met. It's been an example to me as a missionary as I strive to be humble, I always think of you and your example in regards to that. You've served Kendra and I, Dad, Grandpa and GMa, and so many others that so many don't know about and your so humble doing it. It's been something that I've had to work on, and your example has helped me with that.

Thinking back, I probably wasn't the best son you could've had, I was a bit of a problem child I think, and I want to apologize for that. I could've been a lot better, and could've made your life a whole lot easier. Sorry, things you learn with time, and hindsight is 20/20....

Anyways, I was thinking about some scriptures I could write that would describe how our relationship is, and this was the first one that came to my mind:

"...yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.

 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it." Alma 56: 47-48

I think that describes us pretty well. You taught me a lot of the things I know of the Gospel, and from your example you taught me, and I do not doubt that you knew it, know it, and will continue to know it far into the future.

Another one that I thought described us pretty well was the story of Hannah and Samuel. You and Dad tried so hard to have a kid, and the Lord promised Dad that you would have a son and I was the result of the blessing of the Lord. And like Hannah, you've dedicated me to the work of the Lord, at least for these two years, and you've done it willingly, despite the sadness.

I love you mommy, so much. Don't worry too much about Gma, she'll be fine, but you know that. I'm fine, so don't worry about me, I've grown so much, and all that, but remember that I'm still your son. Dad is right, no matter how old I get, I will also be your boy, and thus a Mama's Boy and I am just fine with that.

I'm gonna try and send you a song with this email that makes me think of you everytime I hear it. It makes me cry, and hopefully, you'll understand why. If I can't get it uploaded, I'll let you listen to it when I get home.

I love you mum, take care, see you in about 4 months.

I don't know if I'll hug you for five minutes, but it'll be a decent hug when I do see you!

NaNa

PS I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment