Saturday, November 1, 2014

Passing of Anziano Eads' Grandmother

Nathan has written of his thoughts in his emails to us on the passing of his grandmother. This week his grandmother, who played a major role in his life, received her own mission call. This call was to return home to that God that she loved, to be with those of her family and friends who have entered into that glorious full time work in the Spirit World. Colleen was greeted by her husband, mother, father, sister and many other family and friends on Monday, October 27th, 2014 as she had a reunion and then began her period of instruction in preparation to her assignments there.  One assignment that we know she will relish is to act as a ministering angel to her earthly missionaries and to her family.  Let us hope that as with the Holy Ghost, we are open to the promptings she gives.  Three pictures, one of Nathan and Kendra with Gma and face paint.  Two of Nathan with his Gma after his farewell (yes, Anziano Eads has lost a LOT of weight).





A copy of her Obituary at this LINK.


Nathan's and I favorite hymn, well one of a couple.

Come, thou fount of every blessing, tune my heart to sing thy grace.
Streams of mercy, never ceasing, call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet sung by flaming tongues above;
Praise the mount, I’m fixed upon it, mount of thy redeeming love.

Here I raise my Ebenezer, hither by thy help I come,
And I hope by thy good pleasure safely to arrive at home.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, prone to leave the God I love.
Here’s my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above.

Jesus sought me when a stranger wandering from the fold of God.
He, to rescue me from danger, interposed His precious blood.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, prone to leave the God I love.
Here’s my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above.

O to grace, how great a debtor, daily I’m constrained to be!
Let thy goodness like a fetter bind my wandering heart to thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, prone to leave the God I love.
Here’s my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above.
Seal it for thy courts above.

As I wrote here on this hymn with Nathan in an email truly, we all wander from our Father yet the tendrils of love from our Savior reach to us, and interposes His precious blood to make us clean, worthy to serve and reach and share to others, to bring them to those tendrils that reach to them and to us. This is our work in mortality, this is now Colleen's work in the Spirit World. From Alma Chapter 26:

26 Therefore let us glory, yea we will glory in the Lord, yeah we will rejoice for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of His great power, and of His mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel."

35 Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name.

 36 Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are a branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from its body in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land.

 37 Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment