Hi Mom. Sorry in advanced if there's some weird stuff in my spelling, I'm not used to the Italian keyboard.
Okay so, in answer to your questions: We shop by going to local stores and buying what we need, pretty simple. Thus far, I've eaten a lot of pasta, sandwiches, and quaesadilla (I know I spelled that wrong), and yesterday, after I got my permesso (green card) stuff done, I had gelato. BEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No seriously, it's good.
My trainer is Anz Robinson, he's been out six transfers, and is really cool, and yes, he works me hard. Some of these last days have been the busiest of my life.
Okay, so guess what? I got a baptism under my belt. Well, I walked right into it (meaning I came out to the area and I showed up a few days before it happened), but it still counts! Yes! I'll send some pictures once I've gotten them from Anz Robinson, and will show you how we had to fill up the font. The faucet that is in the font wasn't working, so we had to come up with a way for it to work. Let's just say a few buckets, and a makeshift hose taped to a sink faucet were used.
Still, it was awesome! Anz Robinson believes, because of greenie magic, that we could have two more baptisms in the two transfers we have together. I really hope so. That would be a great way to start out my mission. Also, the average for total baptisms in the mission is 20. Anz Robinson says that I could get that much in my entire mission. I say challenge accepted, because the Lord will help me out with that.
Sorry about your back. Hope it's feeling better. I promise you, I'll send pictures as soon as I can, but i'm nervous about carrying my camera around with me. Still, I'll do my best to get you those pictures. I promise.
Okay, so for Mother's Day. We plan on coming to the Internet spot that we're at and calling you. I'll double check on the time, but I'll do my best to make sure that I call whenever it's good for you. Also, P-days are on Wednesdays with President Kelly, but I don't know if it'll change with Waddoups (sic) or not. We'll see.
Okay Mom, thanks for all you do. Don't forget to keep me up to date about what's happening with all that stuff in the real world, and I love you a lot. Seriously. I do.
Love,
Anz Eads.
Hey. Sorry off the bat for whatever weirdness happens in my spelling. I'm not used to the Italian keyboard. It's all messed up!!!!
Okay, so, glad to hear everything's going okay Dad. Glad you got that break from school, I know what's it's like to be stuck in school for a long time, and you just need a break (first 18 years of my life), so I'm definitely glad that you get one.
So buisness: My trainer's name is Anziano Robinson. He's been out for six transfers and I'm his first greenie...which is a surprise to him. Still, he says he's enjoying it, and I have no reason to doubt him so...yeah. I've learned a lot from him so far, and I really am loving it out in the field.
What I love the most is that I'm starting to (kinda) understand the language, and follow conversations. So yeah. It's awesome. I°m so glad I made the choice in coming out here. Really, wouldn't change it for the world.
It really has been the best experience (thus far) in my life. Thanks for sharing your experiences on the mission with me so that I could be ready to come out.
Oh yeah! One more thing! I walked right into a baptism! Anz Robinson and the Anz before me got a baptismal date set up fro a investigator named Alessandro. I showed up the Thursday before it all happened, and got to help fill up the font. Let's just say that I have a testimony Satan works hard to stop people from getting baptized. Once I get the chance to send you guys some pictures, I'll show you what I mean. Let's say it involved buckets, and a makeshift hose taped to a sink faucet to get that font filled in time.
Anz Robinson and I plan on having at least two more baptisms in the two transfers we have together and Robinson expects me to have at least 20 (the mission average) by the time I leave. Seems like a big challenge, but I think I can do it, because I have the help of the Lord on my side, and he knows how best to utilize me to help others. Really, he does.
I've helped out a lot these last few days (or so Anz Robinson has told me), and I definitely know that the Lord is utilizing me, just another tool in the shed, to help reap the harvest, and to separate the wheat from the tares, and I'm okay with that.
Love ya Dad!
Anz Eads.
No comments:
Post a Comment