Monday, November 4, 2013

Best Email of Anziano Eads' Mission: Email of November 4th, 2013


Anziano Eads with Raffaella, the investigator getting baptized. 


Anziano Eads' two missionary roommates (they share the apartment), Raffaella the investigator, Anziano Eads and his companion Anziano McIntyre (on Nathan's left). 

Well, first off: HEY GUYS!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to be a little more detailed this week than I have been before, but with everything that's been going on, I think you'll enjoy that. I'll talk about the baptism last, save the best for then, am I right?

Well, let's start with the home front/questions. Tell Brother Pinnock and Dax I say hi, that I'm doing amazing, and all is well. Go Seattle. I'm telling you, they'll make it this year, I'm pretty dang sure! If they do, YES!!!!!!!

Christmas songs before Thanksgiving....tsk tsk tsk. The missionaries out here try to do that, and it's not working. I'm not letting them get away with it, neither is my district leader. We get along really well.

Yes, I will buy a Christmas ornament, believe you me.

Glad that Dad's been having fun with observing. I'm sorry for all the health problems you both have.  Things will work out, that I promise you.

Sorry that you've been waking up so much lately Mom. I hope everything is going okay. But what's this about Netflix? I thought we got rid of that...

Anyways, as for Grandma: just email me when her time comes and let me know. I'll write a little eulogy and send it home at the next P-Day, or whenever I can. When you see her, tell her I love her.

Here is how my week went:

Anziano McIntyre and I have really gone out for the referrals, as both of us feel there is something to be had in that part of the work here in Foggia, and we visited two of our families here, and shared the story of Alma and Amulek when Alma first goes to Ammonihah. I really like sharing this story with the members, as it applies to missionary work perfectly.

At first, Alma is rejected because he is a stranger and only one man, one testimony. Like Alma, we, the missionaries, are strangers to these people, we are only one voice, and they, not recalling how important our message is for them, reject us, turn us away. But, persistent beings that we are, we return, to try again.

But this time, we have some help. Like Alma, who found a friend in Amulek, we too have friends who can help us out. The ward members have lived out here for a long time, they have a reputation, like Amulek, and they know the people who are willing and ready for our help, for the message of the Lord. And, as in the story, with another voice, another witness, "the people began to be astonished" and they are more willing to listen to our message.

Anyways, it's worked out really well. Our families are praying and trying to find others to help out, that we can go and visit. I really like that. We also did splits with the ward missionaries, which was enjoyable. It was good member-missionary work this week.

As for the work with our investigators, we have had some problem meeting with two of them, and they were the two with a baptismal date, so we've decided to hold off on that for a bit, until they start keeping appointments. We also feel that they need to have a stronger testimony of the BOM, and Joseph Smith.

We had a really good lesson with one of our investigators and her family on the Plan of Salvation. She's has been taking the lessons since January, and we have decided to reteach her and the family the lessons. The only problem is that, while she speaks and understands Italian, she still reads better in her native Polish. We've ordered the opuscoli in Polish to help with that, as she already has a BOM in Polish.

We've also have been trying to get an appointment with a referral, but that's been hard. It was actually a miracle, because he showed up to church yesterday. That was a blessing, it really was, and after teaching the Restoration, we have a return appointment. I have a really good feeling about this.

As for Sunday, normal stuff. Church, pranzo, correlation, appointment, home, bed. Typical Sunday.

As for celebrating the holidays, no, we don't celebrate them, not really. There's a bunch of holidays that are coming up that are going to make the work a little bit harder, if I understand correctly, but I'm okay with that. Not an issue for me. Of course I'll miss you come the holidays.

Can't wait to see you guys on Christmas either. I'm really hoping I can stay here in Foggia for Christmas. I like this city a lot, and I have a lot of hope for it and the church here.

Continue to pray for the investigators I told you about last week, and add Brother Mario Perta onto the list. He's the father of one of our investigators, and he has asked for the prayers to have discernment regarding the scriptures, and to help him know more about the scriptures, and to be determined to read them.

Okay, now for the creme-della-creme: the baptism.

What a way to end the week, with such a powerful experience, and such a beautiful event. It has gotten me pumped up for the rest of the transfer, and into the future. The Spirit was super strong, and all went perfectly well. This has truly been a change for everyone involved.

I really enjoyed doing the baptizing, but I felt the Spirit so much more at the confirmation. That's probably because I was paying more attention at that moment than at the baptism, but whatever. It was still awesome.

I don't know what to say. This has gotten me pumped up for the rest of the transfer, and the rest of my mission. I can say that I've finally hit my stride as a missionary, after 5 long transfers, and I know exactly what the Lord can have me do. I testify no one can fail when doing the work of the Lord.

I've had a lot of experiences lately in personal study, prayer and teaching, that have really opened up my eyes. I truly understand that charity is a gift that lasts forever, and I am seeing it become stronger in me, and in others. Obedience brings the Spirit, the Spirit bestows the gift of charity and with that, when we love others we cannot fail.

I wouldn't trade this experience for the world and everything in it right now. I don't know what's in store for my future in life in general, but with the things I'm learning out here in the field right now, I'll be able to handle them.

I love you guys, so much! Take care, and see you on Christmas!

NaNa

WOW!!!! It is SO AWESOME being the parents of a missionary in the field.  He teaches us so much every week of the simple truths of the Gospel that move the Lord's work forward.  Nathan's email this week moved us to tears and reminds us that our Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers, just in his time.

1 comment: