Thursday, July 18, 2013

July 17th, 2013 Emails from Anziano Eads

Hey Mom.

Ehehehehe...I'm not particularly proud of that fact...but congratulations on getting some pictures of me. I try, but I just don't like being on the camera. Something I get from you I guess. Not sure though...

Dad put that on Facebook? Sweet. I could go on about how that book is (the Bible from another faith he was holding in another picture), but it invites a bad spirit, so I won't. I will say, however, that I can't believe how a group can be so close, but so far from the truth...

Sorry work has been so busy. I know how that is. No, seriously, I know. Imagine having to get up and leave the door to work all day, with no real break...man...it sure sucks to be an accountant, huh?

Well, hey, I'm glad things are working out for you. That's a good sign, no? Just keep a chin up, maybe tease Dad a little, find a way to relax, and enjoy life. It's what I do, and I love it. 

No new information??? Emily has a baby, Heidi has a preschool, and your neice has boy's on mission, and you say not much information????

Okay, well it's true. Glad to know you think about me when you cook food. I just hope you're not thinking about me when you eat it. Because that's just creepy.

Congrats on the gluten free french bread, and the treats for Coda. How is the old rascal? I've seen a ton of beagals here, so I miss him. Can I get another picture?

Language is good, Investigators are fine, I just wish we could meet with them. We call, set up appointments, but they either cancel, or aren't there. We have a scambi with another pair of missionaries this week, and we're planning on nailing them.

Yup, plenty of less-actives, and in-actives to work with, and we are working with them. Members love us missionaries, even though I don't speak Italian, they just assume I'm really humble, and timid. I always think to myself "Just wait until I get fluent."

English is...okay. I teach advanced, which means I just talk, and have some fun with those who can speak and understand. It's normally the same people, about 3, so it's not bad.

Hey, I do have some requests. Can you scan in sheet music for me, so I can get it downloaded and start playing piano again? I would love my Zelda stuff (Zelda's lullaby, Ganondorf's Theme, Midna's lamet), mainly, but if you can send me some Lord of the Rings music as well, that'll be good to. Ask Dad, he can help you! (Anziano Eads is in trouble with his mother! She can scan music just fine and doesn't need her husband's help!)

Here's wishing you a great week as well. You're awesome Mom!!! Love you!!!

NaNa

Hi.

Work goes, investigators aren't doing too bad, it's been tough to meet with them, but I know at least three of them are reading the BOM, it's just a matter of meeting with them. (It is vacation time in Italy so it is hard to meet with many as they simply shut the country down for a month . . . but the missionaries keep working, see Anziano Eads' note to his mom above and see Sorella Waddoups note in her blog).  

Hey, I actually need to ask for some advice later in the email, so be ready for that.

So age is catching up now? HA! The old grey horse ain't what he used to be, eh? Don't worry, you're okay for now. (to a response from me that I can tell I am starting, keyword starting to get older and I can feel it in my body).

Sorry about the gluten, that had to suck. Still, that's the only time recently right? As long as it didn't effect the teaching to much, you'll be fine, and now, you just need to recover. (response to me getting gluten taking the water during sacrament. Someone must of picked up the cup I used and put it back down and there was enough bread residue to get me slightly sick. I had to go home for an hour to recover before coming back to teach Priesthood). 

French doors!!!! SWEET!!!!!! (we are replacing our glass sliding door with French Doors). 

I miss the rain. No rain here in Sardegna since spring ended, just heat, heat, humidity, more humidity, and sweat. I think that's why I'm losing so much weight. I sweat off the fat, and then the water I drink keeps my system clear.

Fasting was good. We'll see if it works. It will, but in the Lord's way. 

Oh yeah, I forgot about the pictures from Sorella Waddoups...well, glad you enjoyed them, and you got to see me. I try, I really do.

Okay, then, that's it. Now for the advice:

So, we have an investigator whose an agnostic. We've met him three times, and he still hasn't developed the faith in God, or the desire, and we've tried. What would your recommendations be?

That's all I got for you this week Dad. Buona Fortuna per tuo settimana!

Nathan

I really don't try to give too much advice. This is Nathan's mission and he has to learn to follow the Spirit and his heart, they won't lead him wrong. That and pray and communicate with his companion. 

Anyway, this is what I told him if your interested: 

Hi Son, 

In terms of your agnostic investigator, have you done two things? First, Alma 32:27 and challenge him to an experiment as it states there. Then go through 28 - 40 and challenge him then to do Moroni 10:3-5 and read the Book of Mormon with a desire to find out if it is true. You can discuss things intellectually but that doesn't work in my experience. In the end, he has to read the Book of Mormon with a desire to investigate and FIND out if it is true, to begin to pray and set aside his pride in order to find out if it is true.  He has to do something to show his faith, even if all he does is to exercise a particle of belief. If he doesn't do that, he's not ready and you may just have someone you drop in from time to time to check to see if he is ready. Let your mission rules and the Holy Ghost guide you on that and your companion.  

.Share with him also Moroni 10:32 and invite him to come and know Christ and that he can see by living the Gospel that it does change and transform him into being more like Christ. We are all on that journey of becoming as Christ is (3Nephi 27:27) and though it is a lifelong thing the Gospel in 30 years I've been a member has transformed me, and transformed my weaknesses. I still have them, but I am better able to deal with them. I have more patience today than 30 years ago. Sure some say its age, it is also the impact of the principal of charity in my life. You've had the Gospel transform your life and that is a testimony that the seed is growing. As he does the experiment, as he reads the Book of Mormon, attends Church, prays, lets go of his sins he will see the inward changes and those he cannot deny. He will begin the path to becoming as Christ is and then he has a decision. To either admit the truth, admit the fruit is good or deny it and return to his old life. Much like the young rich man in Matthew.  Then let him know you and your companion love him, and that you being there is just another manifestation of the love of God for him and challenge him to the experiment. What does he have to lose but if it is true, he has much to gain. . 

Anziano Eads' reply: 

Thanks, Dad, I'll definitely do that. I agree, he needs to try an experiment and my companion agrees also. That might be a good way to get him to try.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment