Dear Mum,
I am sorry nothing has changed, and you are still super busy. That's gotta suck. Best of luck.
Thank you for thinking about me, while making flank steak. It was always one of my favorite meals.
A little about Anziano Woolsey: He is from Castle Dale, Utah. He isn't the stereotypical Utah Mormon, but, yeah, you can tell that's how he was raised. Still, he's a good kid. Let's see, he did speech and debate, enjoys Nintendo games. Definitely different from me, but still....it's good and he cooks.
Teaching experience: We are teaching a Romanian couple. The husband wants to stop drinking, because he beats his wife when he's drunk. So, we'll see what happens. Were hoping to have a positive impact.
One new thing I've seen this week...that's hard. I saw a Greek food shop. That's about it. I've been on the island and in Sassari so long, I just see the same things over and over again. It's a giant giro. But, I'll keep my eyes open, just for you Mum.
Hoo, boy. I still don't know how we got two more Anziani in that apartment, but we did it. It's not bad having two more in there, makes it nice to talk to someone other than my companion, but still. It's rough. That apartment is tiny, so it tends to get hot really quickly when the sun is up, and beating on the house, with four of us. It's not pretty. Still, it could always be worse. They could've tried to have put six of us in that apartment.
Favorite member family...dang. I'll tell you about my favorite member, and then my favorite member family, because they are entirely different. My favorite member is the the branch president, Mario Moro. He is such a boss. Spent 30 years looking for the truth, and went to the library, bought a copy of the Book of Mormon from them, went home, read it, got a confirmation that it was true. The next day, the missionaries show up at his door, and he gets baptized. I don't know how long ago it was, but he's just awesome. He's basically dedicated his life to building up Zion. Such a boss!
My favorite member family, is probably the Murgia family. Anotonello, our branch mission president, is one amazing guy. He has like five different other callings, but he balances it all perfectly, and with time to spend with his grand kids. He has three kids. One lives in America, in California, and the other two are here in Italy. HIs son is awesome, and the kids are adorable. Manuele, his two year old, is the cutest. Anyways, they are all really strong, and help out with missionary work however they can. The family is tight.
Though in truth, I like all the members of the branch pretty dang well. They are all really good, so, it's hard to pick a favorite. But I did, I high lighted one so there you go.
To tell the truth, I think I'm staying in Sassari a good long time. Maybe. We'll see. I mean I'm coming up on five months in the mission, six in September, and I haven't moved really. SO, maybe. But, I'm okay with that. If the Lord needs me to stay in Sassari for most of my mission, then I'll stay in Sassari for most of my mission, It's no big deal to me. I'm where the Lord needs me to be, and I'm okay with that.
Yes, I enjoyed the pictures of Coda. Tell everyone I say Hi back, and all that good stuff. Let's see, anything else...oh yeah!
Where is my sheet music? That's all I need to know for now.
With love,
NaNa
TO DAD
Hey, Dad.
Flip, Why does everyone have troubling sleeping in this family but me? See Daynes, get that fixed, and get back to your life. Maybe stop staying up so late as well ;)
Everyone back home should give up soda mostly and drink water. It's so much better. I basically drink water all the time, no soda, except for the occasional glass at lunch/dinner appointments, and nothing else. Just water. Yes, I do need to use the filtration bottle, and I use it for water. It's nice, because I don't have to buy the bottle kind. I just use two bottles (both are 2 liters), fill it with tap water, store them in the fridge, and fill up the filter bottle when I need to. Makes it nice, free water am I right? Anyways, as American's we need to give up on the suger!
Oh boy! The apartment is holding up, but man, it's tough. Nothing too bad is happening, but it gets so hot in there, and with our A/C being fans, that we need to turn off when we leave the house, and the sun beating down on the apartment during the pranzo hours...it's not the best. Actually, yes, there is a greenie. Anziano Robison. Sorry, not Anziano Kelley, but still, a greenie is a greenie.
Genealogy! Good work! Leave some names for me when I get back.
Star parties are fun. I miss them. Wish I had a telescope with me, to tell the truth.
Eating=Pasta, sandwiches, more pasta, rice, and pasta. Did I mention pasta?
Drinking=Water, occasionally some form of soda, but mainly water as I said.
I have not gotten the deodorant, yet. But I will. I know it. We split our investigator pool with the two Anziani that came in, so yeah. But the ones we kept are good. No baptisms, but we're going to push for four, maybe five. I think we can do it.
3 things I miss from USA: 1. Root Beer. 2. Good internet. 3. Central Heating/Cooling
3 things I like in Italy: 1. The People 2. Food! 3. Nature
3 things I don't like: 1. The presence of the JWs. 2. The wicked traditions of the fathers 3. The Punk teenagers who think they're all that and a bag of chips.
Spiritual experience will be a shared email then next week.
Lova you,
Nathan
No comments:
Post a Comment